Background & Experience
Melody has more than 29 years of experience in the property management field as a retail specialist. She combines her knowledge of gross retail sales with her commitment to providing owners and landlords the highest standard of service. Melody prides herself on facilitating effective communication between tenants and owners. Melody’s history at NAI Norris, Beggs & Simpson began in 1998.
Prior to joining NAI NBS, Melody managed the 800,000 square foot retail center Jantzen Beach SuperCenter for Chicago-based Urban Retail Properties Company. She also served as Property Manager for Transwestern Property Company and was responsible for 600,000 square feet of retail shopping centers. In addition, her tenure at PMRealty Group/Hillman Properties Northwest included management of a 500,000 square foot portfolio.
Melody was awarded the North Clackamas County Chamber President’s Award in 1995-96 and 1996-97. She was also honored as NAI Norris, Beggs & Simpson’s Property Manager of the Year for 2004. She is a licensed real estate broker in Oregon and Washington.
• Jantzen Beach SuperCenter - 800,000 sf retail center
• Vancouver Plaza Shopping Center - 591,100 sf retail center
• GMAC Commercial Mortgage Portfolio - 399,273 sf portfolio of retail properties spanning three states: Bend Factory Stores (Bend, OR), Oak Creek Factory Outlets (Sedona, AZ), and Factory Outlet Post Falls (Post Falls, ID)
• Milwaukie Marketplace Shopping Center - 266,928 sf retail center
• Stonemill Business Park - 118,875 sf office property
• Hillsboro Promenade - 105,963 sf, Albertsons-anchored neighborhood center
• Pioneer Plaza Shopping Center - 100,320 sf retail center - Springfield, OR
• Uptown Shopping Center - 65,562 sf neighborhood center anchored by Zupan’s
• Lowrie’s Marketplace - 59,613 sf retail center
• Lowrie’s Marketplace Wilsonville - 24,116 sf retail center
• Mt. Scott Center - 19,574 sf office property
• Center for Philanthropy - 9,828 sf office property
• International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC) - Past Oregon State Director 2004-2005
• ICSC NW Idea Exchange Co-Chair - 2008, 2010 and 2012
• Commercial Real Estate Women of Portland - Past President and Marketing Chair